Date(s) - 13/06/2017 - 15/06/2017
One of the key decisions made at the 2016 Warsaw Summit was to project stability in the Euro-Atlantic area and beyond. In order to be able to do this, NATO has to enhance its ability to undertake effective C2 across the full spectrum of missions, especially in those where partnering with civilian organisations is required.
Projecting stability from a C2 perspective means a focus of effort on: ensuring interoperability, enhancing situational awareness, adapting to challenges and threats and keep sustainable structures with partners.
Annually the NATO C2COE organises a seminar. This year it will be conducted in Valencia, Spain, from 13 to 15 June, supported by Headquarters NATO Rapid Deployable Corps Spain.
The aim of the seminar is to understand Command and Control when working closely with civilian stakeholders in operations, such as a Senior Civil Representative, Host Nation authorities, civilian leadership of UN- or EU-missions and other organisations. Furthermore, 2017 is the 10th Anniversary of the Centre. This important milestone will be celebrated during the event.
The seminar guide which consists the biographies of the speakers is available via this link.
The detailed (draft) program for the seminar is available via this link. General information on the agenda is as follows:
In order to achieve the aim and objectives of the seminar, it will be divided in three parts:
Know and understand how Command and Control is organized in civilian operations. To achieve this, we invited keynote speakers with authority on the subject.
Understand the difficulties of coordinating civil and military Command and Control structures when conducting operations.
- We will set the scene for the potential scenario where the mutual understanding between civil and military C2 structure has to take place.
- We will provide insights on how the C2 structures are set to control illegal immigration in the Western African Route.
- We will be briefed on the difficulties of linking civil and military C2 in operations.
- We will be briefed on experiences on integrating C2 during EUTM in Mali and current anti-terrorist operations.
- We will be informed on C2 lessons learned about the Tsunami in Japan (Operation Tomodachi) (pending confirmation).
Devoted to find potential solutions to identify the steps to improve civil – military C2 for future operations and to know the currents efforts to do it.
- Federated Mission Networking
- NetForce Command and Risk Adaptive Access Control.
- Common ground terminology between civil and military organisations. High-ranking authorities from NATO, United Nations and European Union and experts in Command and Control have been invited as keynote speakers. The seminar includes a panel in order to promote informal discussions.
High-ranking authorities from NATO, United Nations and European Union and experts in Command and Control have been invited as keynote speakers.
The seminar includes a panel in order to promote informal discussions.
Please, click this link for the administrative information.
Please feel free to contact the following project officers with any immediate questions related to our seminar: